June and July Featured Projects
Check out the great projects from these developers being built on Lightning
A mesh-based P2P messaging network
80 billion mobile messages are sent each day via carriers and ISPs. Mobile mesh networks offer an anti-fragile, decentralized alternative that can extend connectivity to places centralized networks can’t.
The Lot49 protocol
For both on-chain and Lightning trading
Hodl Hodl allows you to exchange bitcoins to fiat or other cryptocurrencies, both on-chain and on the Lightning Network. The trade workflow hasn’t changed much, the workflow is:
- A contract is created between buyer and seller;
- Seller deposits bitcoins from his Lightning wallet;
- Buyer pays the seller according to the agreed upon payment method;
- Seller releases bitcoins directly to the buyers Lightning wallet.
The only difference between on-chain and Lightning trades is that:
- In on-chain contracts we don’t hold the funds — they’re locked in the multisig escrow.
- In Lightning contracts, for the only the contract’s lifetime, we hold funds in our Lightning wallet.